How to Make an Acai Bowl
If you are looking for a healthy and delicious breakfast option, an acai bowl is an excellent choice. This dish is essentially a smoothie with toppings that is eaten from a bowl, so it is easy to customize to individual preferences. The base of these bowls is made from acai berry, which has been heralded as a “super food” because it is a good source of antioxidants and fiber.
Here is a recipe for a basic acai bowl, onto which you can add your favorite toppings:
- 1 packet of acai berry puree (found in the freezer section of the grocery store)
- 1 cup of apple juice
- 1 banana
- 1 ½ cups of frozen berries of your choice (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, etc.)
- ½ cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth
- Pour the smoothie into a bowl
- Top with your desired toppings
Common toppings for acai bowls include sliced fruits such as bananas, strawberries, and blueberries, as well as granola, shredded coconut, shaved almonds, flax seeds, and oats. But really you can add any topping that sounds good to you, which is why this dish is so versatile and popular.
Following these tips, you can easily make an acai bowl in the well-appointed and spacious kitchen of your apartment in Mount Dora, FL. Not yet a resident of the Veranda Apartment Homes community? Contact our leasing office today to learn more about the features of our apartments and the amenities of our community.