Five Tips to Remember When Sewing in Your Mount Dora, FL, Apartment
If you love to be crafty and creative, and have some time on your hands, you may be interested in learning to sew. Sewing is the act of fastening objects together using stitches made with a needle and thread. While there are still sewers today who sew exclusively by hand, many people use a sewing machine to speed up the process.
If you’d like to begin sewing at your Mount Dora, Florida, apartment, the tips below will hopefully help you in your journey:
• To sew a straight line using your sewing machine, you don’t want to focus on the needle as it’s constantly in motion. Instead, create a repositionable seam guide by marking your needle plate with tape and then keeping your fabric aligned with the seam guide.
• Hold on to any scraps you wind up with, as these can be wonderful for practicing and calibrating your stitching.
• Go slow on your pedal, especially in the beginning. The best way to control speed is to use the pedal with a bare foot, as you’ll be able to feel the pedal better.
• Clean your sewing machine regularly. Use an air duster or compressor to blow out any tiny thread or lint that may be hiding in your machine.
• Always use the same type of thread in both bobbin and spool to avoid any thread jams or breakages that can occur.
Once you get the hang of sewing, you’ll be able to decorate your Veranda apartment with all your new handmade items, which is a wonderful way to enjoy all your hard work.
If you are not yet a resident of our apartments at Veranda, contact us today or stop by our leasing office to take a tour of our community. We offer professionally designed apartments in three different floor plans.