Homemade Cleaning Supplies for Our Apartments in Mount, Dora, Florida
From solar cars to recycled jewelry, nearly everyone is going green these days. In addition to helping the earth through recycling, reducing the amount of trash they produce, and utilizing eco-friendly products, many people are also trying to use homemade cleaning products instead of store-bought versions. Not only will homemade cleaning agents save money and packaging waste, but they’re often safer for you to breathe than harsh cleaning chemicals.
If you’re interested in making your own cleaning supplies while living in our apartments in Mount Dora, Florida, many of the ingredients may already be on your kitchen shelves. Try the following recipes:
- Sink and bathtub scrub –Baking soda is a great alternative to harsh soap powder.
- Countertop cleaner – Mix ½ cup of white vinegar with ¼ cup of baking soda and add to ½ gallon of water to make an all-purpose countertop and sink cleaner.
- Glass and mirror cleaner – Two parts warm water mixed with one part white vinegar makes a solution that works well on glass windows and mirrors.
- Air freshener – For a natural alternative to aerosol air fresheners and candles, put small dishes of baking soda around your apartment. House plants also cleanse the air of odors.
- Mildew – If traces of mildew form in the grout of your shower, a solution of one part hydrogen peroxide and two parts warm water should do the trick.
If you would like more information about going green while living at the Veranda apartment community, or you’d simply like some tips about apartment living, please browse our full list of community articles on this website. You can also obtain information about our floor plans, leasing specials, apartment features, and community amenities by contacting our main office.