Eating Healthy Alternatives to Common Foods in Your Apartment in Mount Dora, FL
At Veranda Apartment Homes, our kitchens are spacious and provide plenty of room to prepare and eat all sorts of delicious foods. When cooking and eating, though, we often choose foods that can actually have a negative impact on our health. However, substituting unhealthy foods with foods that are lower in “bad” fats, sodium, calories, cholesterol, and sugar – and higher in protein, vitamins, and minerals – can make your meals, snacks, and drinks more nutritious.
Some healthier alternatives to commonly consumed foods are:
- Greek yogurt instead of sour cream
- Sea salt instead of table salt
- Turkey instead of ground beef
- Popcorn instead of fried potato chips
- Fruit or vegetable juice instead of sodas and sports beverages
- Sorbet, sherbet, or frozen yogurt instead of ice cream
- Almonds and peanuts instead of protein bars
- Whole wheat pasta instead of white pasta
- English muffins and bagels instead of donuts and cinnamon buns
- Salsa instead of guacamole, cheese, bean, and French onion dips
Not only are these all healthy alternatives, but unlike other health foods, they don’t compromise flavor at all. For additional information and details about renting an apartment in Mount Dora, FL at Veranda Apartment Homes, please fill out the form on our Contact Us page or give our leasing office a call today.