Energy Saving Tips for Your Apartment in Mount Dora, FL
At the Veranda Apartment Homes community in Lake County, many residents are thinking “green” and doing their part to help preserve the environment. By keeping the motto of “reduce, reuse, recycle,” in mind, many residents have found it easy to reduce their carbon footprint. And, one of the great added benefits of leading an eco-friendly life is that you also save lots of green – the green bills in your wallet!
Below is a list of waste-reducing and energy-saving tips that are easy to do right in your very own Veranda apartment in Mount Dora, FL:
- Use cloth napkins and dish towels to reduce the use of paper products.
- Always take a reusable travel coffee mug to work.
- Never throw away old clothes or functioning appliances – many thrift stores and charities in the area would be happy to get donations.
- Turn off all electronics and lights when they’re not in use.
- Try to use cold water when doing your laundry.
- Replace incandescent light bulbs with compact fluorescent light bulbs.
- Don’t leave your phone charger plugged in after your phone is charged.
If you’d like more information about living a greener life, visit www.energy.gov. And, if you’d like more information about our beautiful community and spacious one- or two-bedroom apartments, contact the leasing office at Veranda today. We’ll be happy to answer your questions and take you on a community tour.