Testing the Smoke Alarm in Your Mount Dora Apartment
All of the apartments at Veranda Apartment Homes feature smoke alarms. We strive to make sure all smoke alarms are functioning properly, but it is important for residents to test their smoke alarms once a month to make sure that the devices are working properly and that the batteries are charged. Testing the alarm in your Mount Dora Apartment only takes a few minutes, and it is much easier than it sounds.
To test your smoke alarm, follow these quick steps:
- Have a friend, relative, or neighbor listen for the smoke alarm as they stand in your apartment as far away from it as possible. This will ensure the alarm is audible from a distance.
- Press and hold the Test button. A loud alarm should sound.
- Spray some smoke detector test aerosol just below the alarm to make sure that it is picking up the smoke. The alarm should sound again.
- Use a small hand-held vacuum to suck up the aerosol and stop the alarm from sounding.
- Make sure to notify the leasing office immediately if your smoke alarm fails its test in any way.
Failure to test the smoke alarm in your Mount Dora apartment could leave you and your neighbors in a dangerous situation, and thus, it is important to make sure it is working properly on a monthly basis – and also to notify the office if you suspect your smoke alarm is malfunctioning.
For more information about the living at Veranda Apartment Homes, please give our leasing office a call or stop by for a personal tour today. We’d love to show you around.