Using Essential Oils at Our Mount Dora, FL, Apartments
Essential oils can be used in many different ways, from aiding in health-related issues to being an antibacterial agent in household cleaning products. They are pure compounds that are found in the seeds, bark, stems, roots, flowers, and other parts of plants. They are highly concentrated, which means you only have to use about one or two drops diluted in water to receive the powerful effects.
There are dozens upon dozens of essential oils to choose from, and each one is believed to offer an array of health benefits. Here are six great essential oils:
• Lavender – Can improve sleep quality, combat joint pain, fight acne, and calm the nervous system
• Peppermint – Can soothe nausea and other stomach issues, cool overworked muscles, and help with concentration
• Geranium – Can treat acne and oily skin, decrease bloating, and reduce the visibility of scars
• Clove – Can treat bug bites, cuts, and scrapes, and provide relief for stomachaches and headaches
• Lemon balm – Can calm anxiety, counteract insomnia, and fight bacterial infections
• Rose – Enhances the appearance and health of the skin and can improve hormone balance
Because of their high concentration, most essential oils should not be used directly on the skin. The essential oils that are safe to use topically without a carrier oil are lavender, German chamomile, tea tree, sandalwood, and rose geranium. The other oils should be diluted in a carrier oil first if being used directly on the skin.
To learn more about our Mount Dora, Florida, apartments, or to take a tour of our community, contact us today.