Healthier Food Alternatives to Consider at Our Apartments for Rent in Mount Dora, FL
One of the simplest ways to begin eating healthier at home is by swapping out some of your favorite foods with more nutritious alternatives. By switching to foods with healthier ingredients, you’ll still get the same full tummy you’re craving, while also cutting down on the amount of empty calories in your diet. And, many alternatives give you more protein and fiber per serving, allowing you to feel fuller and more satisfied, so you may not find yourself reaching for that unhealthy afternoon snack quite as often.
Here are some healthy alternatives to try for some of your favorite foods:
• Instead of cooking white rice as a side dish for your dinner entrée, opt for quinoa which has more protein, fiber, iron, and many other nutrients.
• Try a corn tortilla instead of a flour tortilla while having a burrito and you’ll save on calories, sugar, and salt.
• Switch up your sandwich by piling your fixings on one slice of whole wheat pita bread rather than two slices of regular white bread, which can save you a few calories and give you the extra nutrition that comes with whole wheat.
• If you’re having a French fry craving, try eating sweet potato fries instead and get more vitamin A.
• Use whole wheat pasta for your spaghetti rather than less-nutritious regular pasta.
Don’t be afraid to consider any of the delicious healthier alternatives listed above. You may end up not loving it, or you may find a new favorite way to eat a beloved dish.
Our apartments for rent in Mount Dora, Florida, feature nine-foot ceilings with crown molding, walk-in closets, modern GE appliances, and professionally designed color schemes. In addition, we offer fabulous amenities, including a swimming pool, fitness room, and community clubhouse.
Contact Veranda Apartment Homes today or stop by our leasing office to learn more.