How to Make a Delicious Batch of Iced Coffee
For many, a hot cup of coffee is an essential part of every morning. The inviting smell, delicious taste, and much-needed jolt of caffeine allow some people to effectively jump-start their day. However, sometimes it is too warm outside for a hot cup of coffee, and a refreshing glass of iced coffee is more desirable.
Anyone who enjoys the taste of coffee, but prefers a cold, refreshing beverage, can follow this simple steps to create a simple iced coffee home brew:
The kitchens at our Mount Dora, Florida apartments are the perfect place to make a delicious batch of home-brewed iced coffee. For information about our apartment community, contact the Veranda Apartment Homes leasing office today.
- Step 1 – Select a flavor of coffee catered to your tastes – darker roasts provide a richer, more robust flavor.
- Step 2 – Place a measure of the coarsely ground coffee of your choosing into a large pitcher or drinking vessel.
- Step 3 – Add nine parts water for every one part of coffee, cover the pitcher, and place it in the refrigerator.
- Step 4 – Steep the coffee mixture for a minimum of 12 hours to allow the coffee flavor to blend with the water.
- Step 5 – Separate the coffee grounds from the water using a fine mesh strainer or a regular coffee filter.
- Step 6 – Pour the coffee concentrate into a glass with ice, and add three parts water or milk per one part of the coffee mixture. Add sugar or other sweeteners for taste.