Meal Planning to Save Money in Our Mount Dora, FL Apartments
When you’re looking to save money, one of the easiest ways to do that is through meal planning, which can make your trips to the grocery store more cost-efficient. For instance, if you’re prone to making multiple trips per week to the store, with more planning you can cut several trips down to just one, which saves you money in fuel, time, and spur-of-the-moment purchases. Planning your meals at home also means you will not have a reason to eat out as much. Even a simple trip for fast food can cost you $7 or more, never mind what a meal at a traditional restaurant costs.
Creating a meal plan is fairly simple and once you do it for a few weeks, it will become a habit that gets easier to maintain. Here are the steps to create a meal plan, something you can do right in our Mount Dora, Florida apartments:
• First, take a piece of paper and divide it into seven sections. Then, divide those seven sections into three separate sections. Now, you should have one box per meal per day.
• Next, take a look at your upcoming week and make an X through any meals where you may already have plans or know you will be eating out.
• The easiest section to fill out is breakfast because most people have one or two standard breakfast foods they eat every day, so fill that meal in first.
• Next, you’ll want to make a plan for what to eat for lunch throughout the week. Don’t forget about the weekend! It can be tempting to eat out for lunch on any given day, but saving money is the reason for your meal plan so you’ll want to make sure at least five days are set aside for eating in and keeping lunches inexpensive.
• Planning dinner can be more difficult. Take a look through your grocery store’s website to see about what items are on sale. This can be a great place to get meal ideas. Then, start filling in your dinner options. If you have a hard time deciding what to put down, the Internet is a great place to look for inspiration. Check out recipe sites, such as Allrecipes.com or Food.com.
• Finally, make a grocery list from your meal plan, taking into account the ingredients and other products you’ll need for each meal. Then head to the grocery store, and only buy what is on the list.
In the future, set aside a specific amount of time, around 20 to 30 minutes, every week to sit down and create a meal plan. Before you know it, weekly meal planning will feel like second nature, and you’ll start seeing the savings rack up.
To learn more about Veranda Apartment Homes and to take a tour of our community, contact us today.