Useful Tips for Relieving a Stomachache
Stomachaches can be caused by many things, from muscle cramps in the lining of the stomach to digestive problems. Whatever the reason, there is no denying that a stomachache can be an uncomfortable and, sometimes, painful experience. Thankfully, there are several home remedies out there that are designed to help relieve or lessen the symptoms of a stomachache.
Anyone suffering from the discomfort of stomach pain can:
- Enjoy chamomile or ginger root tea – Both chamomile and ginger may help relax the muscles in the stomach, helping relieve distress caused by cramping.
- Drink club soda and lime – This tasty beverage encourages burping, which helps to relieve pain in the stomach caused by overeating or gas buildup.
- Use a warm compress – Heating up a warm compress such as a dish towel and placing it on the stomach can help to relax abdominal muscles and provide soothing comfort.
- Drink mint tea – Infusing hot water with mint leaves makes for an easy-to-consume beverage for those dealing with stomachaches. Peppermint tea can help to relax stomach muscles and encourage digestion.
- Take over-the-counter pain medication – Sometimes something as simple as ibuprofen may help to relieve persistent stomach pain.
It’s important to note that a stomachache may be the sign of a more serious problem. So, if the pain lasts for more than a day, be sure to check with a doctor.
Our apartments in Mount Dora, FL, feature spacious floor plans with ample room to kick back and relax, which is a great way to recover from minor ailments like stomachaches. Contact the Veranda Apartment Homes’ leasing office today to learn more about our community or stop by for a tour of our property.