How to Make Fresh Tomato Sauce at Our Apartments for Rent in Mount Dora, FL
Tomato sauce is a key ingredient in many spaghetti recipes. For most of us, we buy the jarred tomato sauce we find on shelves. But, have you ever considered making the tomato sauce from scratch? While it requires more work than simply heating up a jar of sauce, it will give your meal a more authentic flavor.
To make fresh tomato sauce, you will need:
• 5 lbs fresh tomatoes, peeled and seeded
• ¼ cup olive oil
• 3 medium onions, diced
• 8 cloves fresh garlic, finely minced
• ½ cup fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
• 1 teaspoon thyme
• 2 bay leaves
• 1 teaspoon parsley
• 1 teaspoon sea salt
• 1 carrot
• 1 tablespoon honey
Here are the steps for making the sauce:
• Step 1 – Over medium heat, pour the olive oil into a large pot.
• Step 2 – Once heated, add the diced onions, fresh garlic, and grate in half of the carrot.
• Step 3 – Cook for 6-8 minutes, or until the onions are tender.
• Step 4 – Add in the tomatoes, basil, oregano, thyme, bay leaves, parsley, and sea salt.
• Step 5 – Let the mixture simmer for 2-3 hours. In the last 30 minutes, add in the other half of the carrot to absorb any acidity.
• Step 6 – Remove the carrot and bay leaves.
• Step 7 – Serve with your favorite spaghetti noodles and enjoy.
Our Veranda Apartments for rent in Mount Dora, Florida, come in professionally color coordinated schemes in beige, taupe, or gray. This color is reflected in the walls, deep pile carpeting, ceiling fans, and more.
Contact us today or stop by our leasing office to take a tour of our beautiful community.