Making a Trail Mix at Our Apartments in Mount Dora, FL
Have you ever considered making your own trail mix? While buying a bag from a store can be easy and address any hunger pangs you have, you probably haven’t found the trail mix that has the perfect combination of nuts, dried fruit, and sweets that you’d like. This is when making your own trail mix can be the perfect option – you’ll be able to create a tasty treat that is exactly what you desire.
To make a trail mix, consider using the following ingredients:
• Nuts – Choose from among almonds, pistachios, cashews, peanuts, or walnuts. To cut down on sodium and sugar, consider selecting nuts that are unsalted and unsweetened.
• Seeds – Pumpkin, sunflower, sesame, flax, and hemp seeds offer a boost of nutrients (and are also a good alternative to nuts, for those with a nut allergy.)
• Dried fruit – Opt for apples, blueberries, strawberries, raisins, banana chips, or mangos. Be sure to choose fruit that has as little added sugar and preservatives as possible.
• Grains – Consider the addition of pretzels, Cheerios, Chex, granola, toasted oats, or air-popped popcorn, each of which adds fiber to the mix.
• Sweets – Choose M&M’s, peanut butter chips, yogurt-covered raisins, or chocolate-covered nuts, among other sweet options. If you do choose to have chocolate in your mix, be sure to choose dark chocolate over milk chocolate for extra antioxidants.
These are the basic additions to your trail mix. Once you have decided which type of nuts, seeds, dried fruit, grains, and sweets you want for your mix, combine them all in a bowl and mix. Place the mixture in a sealed container to preserve its freshness.
If you’re looking for apartments in Mount Dora, Florida, consider Veranda Apartment Homes. Our apartments feature professionally designed color schemes, nine-foot ceilings with crown molding, and spacious patios with storage closets. To learn more, or to schedule a tour of our community, contact us today.