10 Things to Watch for When Touring Apartments for Rent in Mount Dora
As you tour various apartments in Mount Dora, Florida, looking for the one you’d like to call home, it’s a good idea to inspect each apartment as thoroughly as possible so that you can avoid moving into a community where you won’t be happy with your living experience. You don’t need to spend hours examining apartments for rent in Mount Dora, but there are a few areas you should give special attention to.
When examining your possible future apartment, make sure to inspect:
- The front door and patio door – Make sure they open, close, and lock properly, and are free of any damage
- Kitchen and bathroom sinks – Run them to see if they are working properly and to make sure there aren’t any leaks
- The toilet(s) – They should flush correctly
- Showers – Turn on the hot water to see if it is running, and check for any leaks that could be present
- Bathroom and kitchen sink cabinets – Search for any signs of leaking, mildew, or mold
- Walls – Look for any holes, scratches, or blemishes
- Windows – Open and close them, and make sure they lock
- Ceiling – Look for water damage and any cracking or bowing
- Water heater – Look for any leaks and listen for any unusual sounds
- Smoke alarm – Test it to ensure that it is working as it should
After the completion of this simple inspection, you’ll be one step closer to deciding which apartments for rent in Mount Dora to call home. If you would like additional information about Veranda – a community where you’re sure to find the perfect apartment – please fill out the form on our Contact Us page or call or leasing office today. We hope to hear from you soon.