Learning Cooking Terms in Our Apartments in Mount Dora, Florida
Veranda Apartment Homes, situated in scenic Mount Dora, Florida, have so many luxurious kitchen features that you’re sure to want to spend some extra time in the kitchen. Our kitchens offer modern GE appliances, including a dishwasher, glass-top stove, and an 18-cubic-foot refrigerator, in addition to a spacious kitchen pantry and oversized maple and oak kitchen cabinets. Whenever you want to cook in your apartment, there are a few cooking terms you may want to become familiar with before opening your cookbook.
Some cooking terms that you might encounter when you’re following a recipe in our apartments in Mount Dora, FL, include:
- Poach – Simmering something in hot liquid that is just below its boiling point
- Marinate – Soaking a food in liquid, like oil, before cooking to make it flavorful
- Sear – Pan cooking something, usually a protein, very quickly and at an extremely high temperature
- Baste – A method of keeping foods moist by brushing them with liquid as they cook
- Broil – Cooking food at a very high oven temperature, usually directly under the heat source
- Fold in – Adding a new ingredient to a mixture by spooning the mixture over the new ingredient
These and many other important cooking terms will likely be listed in the front or back of most beginner cookbooks, and easy recipes will often explain exactly how something should be cooked, chopped, served, etc. If you would like more tips about how to stock your kitchen pantry so that you’ll be ready for any cooking challenge that comes your way, feel free to browse our list of community articles on this website.
For additional information about apartment features, floor plans, community amenities, or rent specials at Veranda Apartment Homes, you can contact our leasing office and our friendly staff will be happy to answer all of your questions.