Making an Inventory of Your Belongings at Our Mount Dora, Florida Apartments
Taking inventory of your belongings is an excellent way to protect your assets for various reasons. Not only can it give you a concrete idea of everything that you own, it can help you decide what type of renters insurance coverage you’ll need. Renters insurance is critical for any apartment resident, since a landlord’s insurance does not protect any resident’s personal effects if they are ever damaged or lost. If you want to avoid the financial losses that might result if any of your belongings are damaged or stolen, making an inventory of everything you own is a great way to initiate the process of acquiring renters insurance at your apartment home.
To make a detailed inventory of all of your personal effects, follow these simple guidelines:
• Make a list of everything you brought into your apartment, especially valuable items like televisions, sound systems, computers, jewelry, and large furniture.
• Write down the brand names and serial numbers of each item, as well as a brief description.
• Take pictures of each of your more expensive items from multiple angles to give a good idea of their current state. Video documentation is also great to have.
• Estimate the monetary value of each item on your list. You can refer to any purchase receipts you have (make sure to keep receipts for more expensive items) or use the Internet to help narrow your estimate. You may even want to get your most expensive valuables appraised.
• Once you’ve gathered all of this information, store it in an appropriate location in your apartment. Ideally, you should also make a digital copy of your inventory and store it somewhere other than your Veranda apartment, such as in a cloud server or on a portable flash drive.
By making this inventory of your possessions, you’ll be able to relax knowing that your items are accounted for and that you can apply for just the right level of renters insurance to protect everything that you own.
To learn more about why our Mount Dora, Florida apartments are a great place to live, contact our leasing office today. If you decide to visit Veranda Apartment Homes, one of our representatives will be more than happy to give you a detailed tour of our many available units and show you all of our premium amenities.