Making Your Own Croutons in Our Apartments for Rent in Mount Dora
Have you ever considered making your own croutons? Homemade croutons are much fresher than those that are purchased, and these can significantly enhance the flavor of a salad. And, it can even be easier on your wallet to make your own croutons instead of purchasing them. When you live at Veranda Apartment Homes, our spacious kitchens provide an ideal location to cook up your very own croutons.
Follow these steps to make your own croutons in our apartments for rent in Mount Dora:
- Cut your favorite type of bread into small cubes no larger than one cubic inch
- Place the cubes of bread on a non-stick cookie sheet and bake on low heat in an oven for about 10 minutes to help remove moisture
- Melt butter over medium heat in a large sauté pan, mix, then place the bread cubes into the pan with the butter – how much butter you use is dependent upon how you want the croutons to taste
- Once the croutons turn a golden brown color, stir them, making sure to spread the melted butter evenly throughout the croutons
- When the butter has been evenly spread and the croutons are all golden brown, remove them from heat and allow to sit for just a few minutes
- Place your croutons in an airtight container until you’re ready to eat them
Once you’ve made croutons a time or two, try adding in spices and herbs when cooking them in the future to enhance their flavor. If you would like to receive more information about our apartments for rent in Mount Dora, please fill out the form on our Contact Us page or give our leasing office a call today.